What is HR Policy?
According to a definition “HR Policies are formal rules and procedures that dictate how certain matters should be addressed in the workplace including employee rights and duties. HR Policies are tied to employment law. To avoid non compliance and penalties from the government, employer must adhere to HR policies.
Why do we need HR Policies?
HR Policies are basically a course of action embraced by a business Purpose solved by HR policies (Reason a business need them)
1. They are one of the means of communication between the employer and employee.
2. Conveys various guidelines which are to be followed within the company.
3. Create benchmark to treat all employees equally and fairly.
4. Help senior management towards better decision making.
5. Make work process more transparent.
6. Prevent misunderstanding which can arise between the employer and employee.
7. Business with policies in place succeeds in the long run than the ones who do not have any policy in place.
8. HR Policies when placed well result in risk reduction.
9. HR Policies gives a strategic direction to the company.
10. It makes employees more productive.
However it is seen generally that small and medium sized companies take temporary adhoc decision when confronted with some or other problem which arises during course of business and do not make any policy. HR Policies when in place are assumed to be part of contract between the employer and employee. Policies are not meant for controlling, it is a kind of reminder.
How to write Human Resource Policies and Procedures?
One does not run around searching when it comes to creating HR policies for their firm. HR HELPBOARD is one stop where one can find the sample HR policies basis which a firm can develop their own policies. Our unique teaching helps people to be policy “creators”. It involves educating them on:
How to create policies for their business?
How to write policies and procedures?
Way to understand implementation of policies.
Policies and procedure examples.
Way to make/take better decisions.
Delivering an excellent balance between strategy and designing our policies section is aligned with the need of business.
We have well designed HR Policies sample covering wide range of topics. Various Human resource policy examples are like Attendance policy, code of conduct policy, employee referral policy and so on.